from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various brightly colored fishes of the family Mullidae of warm seas, having two sensory barbels on the chin. Also called red mullet, surmullet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of many brightly coloured fishes, of the family Mullidae, having two barbels on the chin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fish of the genus Upeneus, inhabiting the Gulf of Mexico. It is allied to the surmullet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The European file-fish, Balistes capriscus.
- n. A West Indian and South American mulloid fish, Upeneus maculatus, of a red color with bluish longitudinal lines on the sides of the head and three black blotches on the body above the lateral line.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. brightly colored tropical fishes with chin barbels
goat + fish (Wiktionary)