from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Gold in the form of very small pieces, or flour gold.
- n. Anything of great value.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. fine particles of gold, such as are obtained in placer mining; -- often used as money, being transferred by weight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Gold occurring naturally in a state of fine subdivision.—
- n. A plant, Alyssum saxatile, so called from the profusion of its small yellow flowers. Also called goldbasket.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the particles and flakes (and sometimes small nuggets) of gold obtained in placer mining
Sorry, no etymologies found.