from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The course between extremes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A position of balance between good and evil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the way of wisdom and safety between extremes; sufficiency without excess; moderation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the middle between extremes
- n. the proportional relation between two divisions of line or two dimension of a plane figure such that short : long :: long : (short + long)
Sorry, no etymologies found.