from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Slang Using an exaggerated, highly subjective style, especially in journalism: "a hyperkinetic, gonzo version of Graham Greene” ( New Yorker).
- adj. Slang Bizarre; unconventional.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Using an unconventional, exaggerated and highly subjective style, often when the reporter is part of the story.
- n. A wild or crazy person
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. conspicuously or grossly unconventional or unusual
Perhaps Italian, simpleton (perhaps short for Borgonzone, Burgundian) or Spanish ganso, dullard, goose (of Germanic origin).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)