from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Compliance with standards of decency and honesty: bargained in good faith.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Good, honest intentions, even if producing unfortunate results.
- adj. Having or done with good, honest intentions; well-intentioned.
- adj. Presuming that all parties to a discussion are honest and intend to act in a fair and appropriate manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. having honest intentions
Translated from Latin bonā fide (“in good faith”), the ablative of bona fides (“good faith”), between 1890 and 1895. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.