from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Compliance with standards of decency and honesty: bargained in good faith.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Good, honest intentions, even if producing unfortunate results.
- adj. Having or done with good, honest intentions; well-intentioned.
- adj. Presuming that all parties to a discussion are honest and intend to act in a fair and appropriate manner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. having honest intentions
Translated from Latin bonā fide (“in good faith”), the ablative of bona fides (“good faith”), between 1890 and 1895. (Wiktionary)