from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A grid of horizontal and vertical lines.
- n. (UK) Synonym for reticle
- n. The network of lines of latitude and longitude that make a up a coordinate system such as the one used on the Earth.
- n. A nearly square or nearly rectangular region created by a graticule.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A design or draught which has been divided into squares, in order to reproduce it in other dimensions.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A design or draft divided into squares to facilitate copying.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a network of fine lines, dots, cross hairs, or wires in the focal plane of the eyepiece of an optical instrument
French, from Latin crāticula, diminutive form of crātis. (Wiktionary)