from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. The unmelted residue left after animal fat has been rendered.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The unmeltable residue left after animal fat has been rendered.
- n. Plural form of greave.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. The sediment of melted tallow. It is made into cakes for dogs' food. In Scotland it is called cracklings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Armor, made of metal, and lined with some soft substance, worn to protect the front of the leg below the knee.
- Boots; buskins.
- See graves.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the residue that remains after animal fat has been rendered
From Low German greven.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)