from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of heave.
- n. A period of retching.
- n. A disease of horses characterized by coughing and difficult breathing.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of heave.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A disease of horses, characterized by difficult breathing, with heaving of the flank, wheezing, flatulency, and a peculiar cough; broken wind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A disease of horses, characterized by difficult and laborious respiration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a chronic emphysema of the horse that causes difficult expiration and heaving of the flanks
Sorry, no etymologies found.