from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A variety of plum (Prunus domestica) having yellowish-green skin and sweet flesh.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plum with greenish-yellow flesh and skin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See Greengage, in the Vocabulary.
- n. A kind of plum of medium size, roundish shape, greenish flesh, and delicious flavor. It is called in France Reine Claude, after the queen of Francis I. See gage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. sweet green or greenish-yellow variety of plum
green + gage, after Sir William Gage (1656?-1727), English botanist.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)