from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See pancake.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various forms of small pancake made from a spoonful of batter cooked on a griddle
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A cake baked or fried on a griddle, esp. a thin batter cake, as of buckwheat or common flour.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cake of batter cooked on a griddle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a scone made by dropping a spoonful of batter on a griddle
- n. a flat cake of thin batter fried on both sides on a griddle
Sorry, no etymologies found.