from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quarters of midshipmen and junior officers on a British warship.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A room where guns are stored.
- n. Living quarters for junior officers and midshipmen on a warship (hence gunroom officers). In the past it was usually set in the forecastle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An apartment on the after end of the lower gun deck of a ship of war, usually occupied as a messroom by the commissioned officers, except the captain; -- called wardroom in the United States navy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Nautical, an apartment on the after part of the lower gun-deck of a man-of-war, devoted to the use of the junior officers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. military quarters of midshipmen and junior officers on a British warship
gun + room (Wiktionary)