from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A slow Cuban dance.
- n. The music for this dance, in duple time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A style of music from Cuba.
- n. A dance performed to this music.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A slow Spanish dance in triple rhythm; also, the music for such a dance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. music composed in duple time for dancing the habanera
- n. a Cuban dance in duple time
Spanish (danza) habanera, (dance) of Havana, feminine of habanero; see habanero.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)