American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A device resembling a kite from which a harnessed rider hangs while gliding from a height.
- n. The rider of such a device.
- n. An unpowered aircraft resembling a large kite from which a rider is suspended in a harness.
- n. The rider of such a craft.
- n. a rider of a hang glider
- n. a glider resembling a large kite; the rider hangs from it while descending from a height
- hang + glider, a calque of German Hängegleiter, from hängen (“hang”) + gleiten (“glide”). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hang glider’.
List of words, terms, and phrases pertaining to or referencing anything that lives, traverses, moves in, uses, or otherwise occupies the space above the ground we walk on. Words and phrases contain...
For fanciful birds, see reesetee's •Open List: Flights of Fancy.
For chickens, see Chickens.
For birds endemic to the United States and/or North America, see reesetee's Mo...
Looking for tweets for hang glider.