from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A light glider used especially for soaring.
- intransitive v. To fly a sailplane.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A glider that is optimised for soaring and is equipped with fixed wings and fuselage.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. fly a plane without an engine
- n. aircraft supported only by the dynamic action of air against its surfaces
sail + plane (Wiktionary)