from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A band of ribbon or cloth worn on a hat just above the brim.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A band fastened around a hat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A band round the crown of a hat; sometimes, a band of black cloth, crape, etc., worn as a badge of mourning.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A band or ribbon placed about a hat just above the brim.
- n. In heraldry, a bearing representing a ribbon, or sometimes a sort of braid ending in tassels.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a band around the crown of a hat just above the brim
hat + band (Wiktionary)