from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of ha-ha1.
- n. Variant of ha-ha2.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of ha-ha. (a ditch acting as a sunken fence)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See ha-ha.
- n. a loud laugh that sounds like a horse neighing.
- n. a sunken fence (so as not to interfere with the view).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An utterance accompanying loud, coarse laughter.
- To laugh loudly and heavily; guffaw.
- n. A guffaw; loud, coarse laughter.
- n. Same as ha-ha.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a loud laugh that sounds like a horse neighing
- n. a ditch with one side being a retaining wall; used to divide lands without defacing the landscape
Sorry, no etymologies found.