from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The bottom edge of a skirt, dress, or coat.
- n. The height of the edge of such a garment, measured from the floor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The line formed by the bottom edge of a skirt, dress, or coat.
- n. The height of this line, measured from the floor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the line formed by the lower edge of a skirt or coat
hem + line (Wiktionary)