from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having different alleles at one or more corresponding chromosomal loci.
- adj. Of or relating to a heterozygote.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of an organism which has two different alleles of a given gene
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to germ-cells with opposite allelomorphic characters.
- Of or pertaining to characters which will not become fixed or constant under continual selection.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having dissimilar alleles at corresponding chromosomal loci
hetero- + -zygous (Wiktionary)