from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To haggle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To hawk or peddle provisions.
- v. To wrangle (over a price, terms of an agreement, etc.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To hawk or peddle provisions.
- intransitive v. To chaffer; to stickle for small advantages in buying and selling; to haggle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To chaffer; bargain closely and persistently; strive for advantage in bargaining, especially in a petty way.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. wrangle (over a price, terms of an agreement, etc.)
Probably alteration of haggle.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)