from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made up of or carried out by persons having high rank or status: a high-level corporate briefing.
- adj. Being at an elevated level in rank or importance: a high-level official.
- adj. Computer Science Of, relating to, or being a language, such as BASIC or Pascal, in which each instruction or statement corresponds to several instructions in machine language. A high-level language is translated into machine language by a compiler.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Taking place or existing at a high level, altitude or elevation.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a person of a high social position or high rank within a hierarchy or organization.
- adj. Consisting of such people.
- adj. Consisting of relatively natural language-like commands and mathematical notations which, after compilation or interpretation, become a set of machine language instructions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. at an elevated level in rank or importance
- adj. occurring at or from a relative high altitude
high + level (Wiktionary)