American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Made up of or carried out by persons having high rank or status: a high-level corporate briefing.
- adj. Being at an elevated level in rank or importance: a high-level official.
- adj. Computer Science Of, relating to, or being a language, such as BASIC or Pascal, in which each instruction or statement corresponds to several instructions in machine language. A high-level language is translated into machine language by a compiler.
- adj. Taking place or existing at a high level, altitude or elevation.
- adj. Of or pertaining to a person of a high social position or high rank within a hierarchy or organization.
- adj. Consisting of such people.
- adj. computing, of a programming language Consisting of relatively natural language-like commands and mathematical notations which, after compilation or interpretation, become a set of machine language instructions.
- adj. at an elevated level in rank or importance
- adj. occurring at or from a relative high altitude
- high + level (Wiktionary)
“On Wednesday, the U.S. Ambassador to Romania Mark H. Gitenstein criticized what he called high-level corruption in Romania.”
“Therefore, the report of the technical committee and the comments of some of the members on the report were referred to a high-level panel of experts who have since submitted their final recommendations" he said.”
“The agency also called a high-level meeting on the drought crisis for August 18.”
“Such statistics helped provoke most of the world's leading developed nations to back the foundation of UN Women, following a so-called high-level panel in 2006.”
“These so-called high-level meetings usually evolved into swap fests of big fish stories.”
“It is ironic that “headhunter” now refers to high-level employment recruiters.”
“But the idea of high-level support for such action was catapulted into the headlines after the well-connected columnist Nahum Barnea asked in an article in the Yediot Ahronot newspaper last Friday whether Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak had decided between them to attack Iran's nuclear installations.”
“The transfer could be the first of so-called high-level detainees - the five under consideration have been on a 2009 list of 48 determined by the administration to be "too dangerous to release," administration officials testified this week.”
“It doesn’t take long for Mrs. Graham to call a high-level Saturday morning conference.”
“But this referred only to the high-level pastures on which they grazed their stock.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘high-level’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Looking for tweets for high-level.