from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cause to conform to a standard.
- transitive v. To evaluate by comparing with a standard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Alternative spelling of standardise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To reduce to a normal standard; to calculate or adjust the strength of, by means of, and for uses in, analysis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To conform to or compare with a standard; regulate by a standard; constitute or recognize as a standard; specifically, in chemical analysis, to determine accurately in order to use what is so determined as a standard of comparison: said of the strength of a solution, or the quantity of a certain reagent contained in a given volume of it. Also spelled standardise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to conform to standard or norm
- v. evaluate by comparing with a standard
standard + -ize (Wiktionary)