from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make homogeneous.
- transitive v. To reduce to particles and disperse throughout a fluid.
- transitive v. To make uniform in consistency, especially to render (milk) uniform in consistency by emulsifying the fat content.
- intransitive v. To become homogenized.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make homogenous, to blend or puree.
- v. Specifically, to treat milk so that the cream no longer separates.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To blend (a collection of unlike elements) together so as to make the whole uniform in character, composition, or function.
- transitive v. To blend separated liquids together so as to form a uniform emulsion which does not separate out into its original constituents on standing; -- used especially of milk.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make homogeneous; mix evenly, as several ingredients; reduce to an even standard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. break up the fat globules of
- v. cause to become equal or homogeneous as by mixing
- v. become homogeneous or similar, as by mixing
From homogeneous.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)