from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make into an emulsion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make into an emulsion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To convert into an emulsion; to form an emulsion; to reduce from an oily substance to a milky fluid in which the fat globules are in a very finely divided state, giving it the semblance of solution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make or form into an emulsion; emulsionize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. form into or become an emulsion
- v. cause to become an emulsion; make into an emulsion
emulsi(on) + -fy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)