from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The portion of the embryonic brain from which the metencephalon and myelencephalon develop.
- n. The lower or hind region of the adult brain comprising the pons and medulla oblongata.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The posterior part of the brain, comprising the cerebellum, pons and medulla
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The posterior of the three principal divisions of the brain, including the epencephalon and metencephalon. Sometimes restricted to the epencephalon only.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The metencephalon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the posterior portion of the brain including cerebellum and brainstem
Sorry, no etymologies found.