from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of hobby horse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the principal performers in a morris-dance, having a figure of a horse made of wickerwork supported about his waist, and his feet concealed by a housing. He performed antics imitating the motions of a horse, and various juggling tricks.
- n. A person who acts in a foolish, subservient manner.
- n. A wooden figure of a horse, usually provided with rockers, for children to ride on.
- n. A favorite pursuit or topic: now commonly hobby. See hobby, n., 3.
- n. A kind of velocipede; the draisine.
Sorry, no etymologies found.