American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The positively charged ion of hydrogen, H+, formed by removal of the electron from atomic hydrogen and found in all aqueous solutions of acids.
- n. chemistry Used other than as an idiom: see hydrogen, ion. ; H- or H+
- n. chemistry a proton combined with one or more water molecules; usually written H3O+ and called the hydronium ion though is best considered as H9O4+ but is often written H+(aq) for simplicity
- n. chemistry a bare hydrogen nucleus; a proton , deuteron or triton
- n. a positively charged atom of hydrogen; that is to say, a normal hydrogen atomic nucleus
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘hydrogen ion’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for hydrogen ion.