from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To assert as a hypothesis.
- intransitive v. To form a hypothesis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to hypothesise
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To form hypotheses. Also hypothesise, hypothetize.
- To assume as a hypothesis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.