from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To formulate theories or a theory; speculate.
- transitive v. To propose a theory about.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to formulate theories, especially about some specific subject
- v. to speculate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To form a theory or theories; to form opinions solely by theory; to speculate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To form a theory or theories; form opinions solely by theory; speculate. Also spelled theorise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. construct a theory about
- v. form or construct theories
- v. to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds
Sorry, no etymologies found.