from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Surgical incision of the uterus, as in a cesarean section.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The surgical procedure of making an incision in the uterus, commonly combined with a laparotomy during a caesarean section.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of cutting into the uterus, as in Cæsarean section. See under cæsarean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In surgery, the operation of cutting into the uterus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. surgical incision into the uterus (as in cesarean section)
hystero- + -tomy (Wiktionary)