American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A boatlike vehicle set on sharp runners, used for sailing on ice.
- n. See icebreaker.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A strong boat, propelled by steam, used to break a channel through ice.
- n. A triangular or boat-shaped frame mounted on runners, and fitted with a mast, sails, etc., for sailing on ice. Two of the runners are placed at the ends of a runner-plank extending across the frame at the point of its greatest beam, and the third is carried on a pivot at the stern and serves as a rudder.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A strong steamboat for breaking a channel through ice.
- n. A ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation; an icebreaker.
- n. a sailing craft with runners and a cross-shaped frame; suitable for traveling over ice; it is usually propelled by a sail, and sometimes by an engine-powered propeller.
- n. a sailing vessel with runners and a cross-shaped frame; suitable for traveling over ice
- n. a ship with a reinforced bow to break up ice and keep channels open for navigation
“In northern Maine, a paper in New Brunswick reported, "Canadian liquor in quantities from one gallon to a truckload is being hidden in the northern woods and distributed by automobile, sled and iceboat, on snowshoes and on skis.”
“In northern Maine, a paper in New Brunswick reported, “Canadian liquor in quantities from one gallon to a truckload is being hidden in the northern woods and distributed by automobile, sled and iceboat, on snowshoes and on skis.””
“John Cameron Swayze, here, for Timex stopwatches… we attached this stopwatch to the blades on this lightning fast iceboat, and raced around the lake.”
“Together they give wonderful looks at the natural beauty of Mars, including fossil climbing, mountain climbing, and iceboat sailing.”
“She turned her back on Tom and the others and strode to the iceboat.”
“The thunderous whump of the lone remaining helicopter echoed over the frozen terrain as it circled to land near the iceboat.”
“She worked the foot pedals and expertly brought her iceboat around and braked the craft the makeshift parking lot.”
“There was even an iceboat, a catamaran resting on stainless-steel runners.”
“Inside the niche stood a single-masted sailing boat, an iceboat, resting on long titanium runners.”
“With her brothers help, she had built the iceboat she rode now.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘iceboat’.
how boat is used
If I had a boat
I'd go out on the ocean
And if I had a pony
I'd ride him on my boat
And we could all together
Go out on the ocean
Me upon my pony on my boat.
Environmental Ice and Snow
(excluding all the food ice)
Looking for tweets for iceboat.