from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To breed by the continued mating of closely related individuals, especially to preserve desirable traits in a stock.
- transitive v. To breed or develop within; engender.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To breed or reproduce with those that are related.
- v. To breed with those that share common traits or qualities.
- v. To produce or generate within.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To produce or generate within.
- transitive v. To breed in and in. See under Breed, v. i.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To breed, generate, or develop within.
- To breed from animals of the same parentage or otherwise closely related; breed in-and-in.
From in- + breed. (Wiktionary)