from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Botany Not splitting open at maturity: indehiscent fruit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not dehiscing when mature; not dehiscent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Remaining closed at maturity, or not opening along regular lines, as the acorn, or a cocoanut.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, not dehiscent; not opening spontaneously when mature, as a capsule or anther.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of e.g. fruits) not opening spontaneously at maturity to release seeds
in- + dehiscent (Wiktionary)