from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The fact of not distinguishing or making distinctions; failure to perceive or make a difference.
- n. The condition or fact of not being distinct or different; absence of distinguishing qualities or characteristics; undistinguishableness.
- n. Indistinctness, obscurity, dimness.
- n. Absence of distinction or eminence; obscurity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Lack of distinction or distinguishableness; confusion; uncertainty; indiscrimination.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lack of distinction in kind or character; confusion; indiscrimination.
- n. Absence of distinction in condition or rank; equality; sameness.
- n. Indistinctness; obscurity; dimness.
First attested in 1624; formed as in- + distinction, after indistinct. (Wiktionary)