from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An economic and social system based on the development of large-scale industries and marked by the production of large quantities of inexpensive manufactured goods and the concentration of employment in urban factories.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The socio-economic system based upon the industrial production of manufactured goods, rather than on agriculture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Devotion to industrial pursuits; labor; industry.
- n. The principles or policy applicable to industrial pursuits or organized labor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Devotion to industrial pursuits and interests; predominance of industrial interests or activity; also, the characteristics of industrial life, especially of the manufacturing industry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an economic system built on large industries rather than on agriculture or craftsmanship
Sorry, no etymologies found.