from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To infringe; violate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To infringe, violate or disobey (a rule)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not broken or fractured; unharmed; whole.
- transitive v. To break; to infringe.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To break off; violate; interrupt.
- Unbroken; sound; whole.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. act in disregard of laws, rules, contracts, or promises
Latin īnfringere, īnfrāct-, to destroy; see infringe.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)