from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To darken; to make black or obscure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To darken; to make black; to obscure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To darken; make dusky; obscure.
- In entomology, clouded with brown; darkened with a fuscous shade or cloud: as, apex of the wing infuscate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. darken with a brownish tinge, as of insect wings
Latin infuscatus, past participle of infuscare; prefix in- in + fuscare to make dark, from fuscus dark. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.