Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lack of solubility; incapability of being dissolved.
- n. Incapability of being solved, as a problem or a doubt; inexplicability.
- n. The quality of being insoluble
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality or state of being insoluble or not dissolvable, as in a fluid.
- n. The quality of being inexplicable or insolvable.
- n. the quality of being insoluble and difficult to dissolve in liquid
- n. the property (of a problem or difficulty) that makes it impossible to solve
“The insolubility of form explains the tangents of desire.”
“Proteins in living cells always teeter on the edge of insolubility, because with so many different proteins dissolved in the cell doing different jobs, the total concentration is high and crystallization is a risk.”
“So right at the heart of the disease is the insolubility of proteins in old age.”
“Each impasse dissolves into the other in their provocation and insolubility: how, on the one hand, to voice the ground of being in the fact of speech; and on the other, for instance, how to say "I" without meaning something else — or less — than identity.”
“Rather we should enjoy them, even revel in their insolubility.”
“It sometimes seems that a problem shuffled off is, from the point of view of those who claim to help, a problem solved - and that the one thing they will never do is admit that some problems are not at least in facile terms soluble, and allow even insolubility its full measure of acknowledgement.”
“Due to the massive population drop-off, vast swaths of cultural knowledge have been lost forever, contributing to the sense of insolubility that surrounds Easter's puzzling past.”
“The most general proof of this result, which goes by the name of the “insolubility theorem” for quantum measurement, has been given recently by Bassi and Ghirardi”
“Theoretical Daoism focused on the insolubility of this ru-moConfucian-Mohist debate.”
“Brown, H.R. , ˜The insolubility proof of the quantum measurement problem™, Foundations of Physics,”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘insolubility’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
These words are FUN.
Looking for tweets for insolubility.