American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having the same magnetic inclination or dip.
- n. See isoclinic line.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of equal inclination: applied in geology to strata which incline or dip in the same direction. See monoclinal.
- n. Same as isocline.
- n. Also isoclinic.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to, or indicating, equality of inclination or dip; having equal inclination or dip.
- n. an isogram connecting points of equal magnetic inclination
- adj. having equal magnetic inclinations
“As he fell into the same error with Gilbert, of presuming that the isoclinal lines coincided with the geographical parallel circles, and that the magnetic and geographical equators were identical, he did not perceive that the proposed method had only a local and very limited application.”
“He isoclinal to er alexic solomonic phon at unblushingly methotrexate, and he puts that whippersnapper to turtledove in his sibilation.”
“In contrast to Fst, the G 'st contours are roughly isoclinal to the contours representing performance (”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘isoclinal’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
This list, the one shown below this very message, is a collection of words that you cannot begin to fathom how much I adore. The list will also feature atithesis and contrasting words such as the t...
Looking for tweets for isoclinal.