Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A line, on a chart, showing the occurrence of equal quantities, conditions, or frequencies of any phenomenon in its relation to two independent coordinates. This term was first used by Vogler (1880), but the lines themselves had long been familiar.
- n. A line drawn on a map through all points having the same value of some measurable quantity.
- n. thermodynamics A line in a phase diagram indicating the same mole fraction.
- n. a line drawn on a map connecting points having the same numerical value of some variable
- From iso- + Ancient Greek πλῆθος (plēthos, "a great number"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘isopleth’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for isopleth.