from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An isoline on a map or chart connecting points that have the same value of a quantity that has dimension time.
- n. A semicubical parabola
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A line connecting points at which the same events occur simultaneously.
- n. Specifically In hydrol., the line bounding an area of watershed whose river-flow will concentrate in a given time at a central point to form a flood.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an isogram connecting points at which something occurs or arrives at the same time
Sorry, no etymologies found.