from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A light used as a lure in night hunting or fishing.
- intransitive v. To hunt or fish with a jacklight.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A portable source of light, as an oil lantern or electric light, used as a lure for hunting at night.
- transitive v. to fish for or hunt with a jacklight.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as jack, 11 .
- To hunt game or to fish with a jack-light: same as jack, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a light used as a lure in hunting or fishing at night
- v. hunt with a jacklight
Sorry, no etymologies found.