from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several Arctic and Boreal sea birds of the genus Stercorarius that harass smaller birds and snatch the food they drop. Also called skua.
- n. A huntsman or hunting attendant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of three seabirds in the skua genus Stercorarius
- n. A hunter's guide
- n. A rifle
- n. A sharpshooter, a rifleman, light infantry
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See jager.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See jäger.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. rapacious seabird that pursues weaker birds to make them drop their prey
German Jäger, hunter, jaeger, from Middle High German jeger, from Old High German jagāri, from jagōn, to hunt.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From German Jäger ("hunter") (Wiktionary)