from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To kick or strike so as to cause the object struck to collapse or fall inwards.
- v. To start or connect suddenly.
- v. To contribute, especially to a collection of money.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. open violently
- v. enter a particular state
- v. contribute to some cause
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.