from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A garden in which vegetables, fruits, and herbs are grown for household consumption.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A garden used for growing fruit, vegetables and/or herbs for use in the kitchen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a garden where vegetables are cultivated for household use.
- n. See under Garden.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A garden or piece of ground appropriated to the raising of vegetables for the table.
- n. A kindergarten in which kitchen-work is taught.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small garden where vegetables are grown
Sorry, no etymologies found.