American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Sports A short surfboard ridden in a kneeling position.
- n. A clipboard used especially by pilots during flights for holding maps and checklists.
- v. Sports To ride a short surfboard in a kneeling position.
- n. surfing A short (often less than 6'), broad (sometimes extremely broad) surfboard designed to be ridden in the surf in a kneeling position, and often having traction pads in the central area as an alternative to wax, to help the knees grip the deck.
- n. aviation A clipboard carried in the lap of an airplane pilot, on which basic flight data is recorded.
- From knee + board. (Wiktionary)
“You start on a kneeboard – these are really stable and will help you get to grips with turning corners.”
“Two extra flight suits, gloves, kneeboard for flying, Glock 17 handgun, three small family pictures, six boxes of 9mm ammunition and my Velcro name patch with, of course, my name, rank and wings embroidered into the fabric.”
“Dunnivan leaned in and helped him straighten the straps of his shoulder harness, plugged in his radio and night-vision goggles for him, handed him a kneeboard for maps and notes, then tapped him on the helmet.”
“I grabbed the pen attached to my kneeboard and stabbed it into my right knee.”
“He begins to jot notes and make diagrams on the paper clamped to his kneeboard.”
“Hull jotted the location on his kneeboard and compared it with where he was.”
“Two decks down, the Alert 30 Tomcat crews waiting in their Ready Room were slipping into their ejection harnesses, double-checking kneeboard data, and trying to figure out why the hell they were scrambling.”
“Gator complied, and began reading the prelaunch checklist from his kneeboard.”
“NewTech Board iPro ($150) combines an old-school kneeboard with a case for your favorite tablet-perfect for consulting sectionals or IFR maps without playing the folding game that pilots love so much ... not. rubber friction grips ($15 each) are built out of recycled materials and add both style and form to the back of your iPad.”
“NewTech Board iPro ($150) combines an old-school kneeboard with a case for your favorite tablet-perfect for consulting sectionals or”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘kneeboard’.
a list of joyce's neologistic compounds from portrait of an artist as a young man, dubliners, and ulysses
words not found in other
dictionaries,these are from Macquarie
Dictionary and not playable in
Looking for tweets for kneeboard.