from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A board or panel that forms the head, as of a bed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A vertical panel, either plain or upholstered, attached to the head of a bed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A board or boarding which marks or forms the head of anything
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A board forming or placed at the head of anything, as of a cart, a grave, etc.; especially, the board which forms the head of a bedstead.
- n. pl. Naut., the berthing or close boarding between the head-rails.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a vertical board or panel forming the head of a bedstead
Sorry, no etymologies found.