from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The kneecap; the patella.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A roundish, flattened, sesamoid bone in the tendon in front of the knee joint; the patella; the kneecap.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The kneecap or patella.
- n. In entomology, the femoral concavity into which the tibia is inserted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small flat triangular bone in front of the knee that protects the knee joint
Sorry, no etymologies found.