from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being knotty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being knotty or full of knots.
- n. Difficulty of solution; intricacy; complication.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The condition of being knotty; the state of having many knots or swellings.
- n. The quality of being knotty; difficulty of solution; intricacy; complication: as, the knottiness of a problem.
- n. In geometry, the minimum number of nodes in the projection of a knot on a plane or other single-sheeted, singly connected surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. puzzling complexity
Sorry, no etymologies found.