American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The quality or condition of being complex.
- n. Something complex: a maze of bureaucratic and legalistic complexities.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being complex or composed of interconnected parts.
- n. Intricacy; entanglement.
- n. Anything complex or intricate.
- n. Synonyms Complication, Complexity, etc. See complication.
- n. uncountable The state of being complex; intricacy; entanglement.
- n. countable That which is and renders complex; intricacy; complication.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The state of being complex; intricacy; entanglement.
- n. That which is complex; intricacy; complication.
- n. the quality of being intricate and compounded
- complex + -ity (Wiktionary)
“\ "But reducing visual complexity to make things pleasing to the eye by hiding critical information, \" from knowledgeable stakeholders, will certainly increase composition and or \ "structural complexity\", and make it difficult for stakeholders to grasp full understanding.”
“Every class starts with 100 gold to equip themselves, a welcome reduction in complexity from the class-based random roll that still persisted in 3e.”
“Brain complexity is imposing as well; making broad conclusions linking thought to specific physical causes problematic.”
“Of course, we should not confuse, the term complexity as used in science with the term as used by Intelligent Design.”
“This complexity is also why its costs are spiraling out of control.”
“Adding to the complexity is a new alliance between China and Iran, a secret one between China and the Taliban, the attempted defection of a North Korean spy to the West and the usual moles on each side.”
“Adding to this complexity is the human trait of resistance to change.”
“A sign of this complexity is the amazing proliferation of books of biography, criticism, and commentary devoted to the task of understanding and categorizing him.”
“Stranger than this complexity is the continuity of individual forms.”
“Millions of retirees are taking the wrong benefits at the wrong time because they can't make sense of a system that redefines the word complexity.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘complexity’.
The most frequent words in the titles of mathematical books and journals (www.sciencedirect.com)
nonparametric, nonparametric sta..., multivariate anal..., partial different..., multivariate, topology, stochastic, differential equa..., linear algebra, harmonic analysis, applied mathematics, combinatorial and 205 more...
Use these and get promoted
Word discovery & discussion by CSUMB first-year students, to help with required texts.
Words of 10 letters, all different, can be used for encrypting, pretty securely, such things as PINs and passwords. The fly in the ointment, for me, in keeping track of them is I've got to write '...
Very basic words for ESL students.
List? What list?
This is the list that makes up the world.
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Looking for tweets for complexity.