from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or quality of being intricate; complexity.
- n. Something intricate: the intricacies of a census form.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of being intricate or entangled;
- n. Perplexity; involution; complication; complexity;
- n. That which is intricate or involved; as, the intricacy of a knot; the intricacy of accounts; the intricacy of a cause in controversy; the intricacy of a plot.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being intricate or entangled; perplexity; involution; complication; complexity; that which is intricate or involved
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being intricate or entangled; perplexity; involution; complication; maze.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. marked by elaborately complex detail
Sorry, no etymologies found.